The importance of equipment
Depending on the activity, adaptive equipment will not be the same. Generally speaking, helmet, goggles and sunscreen are essential. Wearing a helmet is not always mandatory, but strongly recommended in all winter sports. However, it is mandatory for activities such as snowboarding or competition level skiing, which could also include a back protector or other protections. If you are in any doubt regarding the choice of ski or snowboard board equipment, specify well when renting, your chosen activity and your level. For snowshoeing or cross-country skiing activities, consider dressing in triple layers: a breathable under layer, a fleece jacket and a windbreaker for example.
- Having a lesson card for all types of course is mandatory and must be presented to the instructor at the start of each lesson.
- It is registered to you only and cannot be used by another person.
- Punctuality at the start of the lesson is important; please respect your fellow students.
- The price of the lift pass is not included (unless indicated) in the lesson prices. Lift passes must be bought in addition.
- Weekly tariffs, 5 or 6 days are consecutive.
- Important: ESF does not insure students. To avoid potential financial problems following an accident, we recommend you take a SNOWRISK type of insurance sold in our ski school offices.
- Group lessons in alpine skiing, cross country skiing and the Piou-Piou Club require a minimum of 5 participants to run, applies all season. Specialized training courses require minimum of 4 participants.
- ESF Avoriaz cannot be held responsible for weather conditions, mechanical lift breakdowns or other incidents. Lesson stoppages due to circumstances beyond our control, will not be refunded.
- The ESF does not accept any liability for property or personal injury that may occur to students.
ESF Avoriaz holds Professional Liability (RC) insurance which covers its customers for the damage they may cause to a third party during the time they are under the authority of the instructor.
Warning: This insurance does not cover the following costs that may be incurred by the customers of ESF Avoriaz for their own damages in the event of an accident: medical expenses, breakage or theft of equipment, un-used ski lift passes, etc… For this reason, ESF Avoriaz recommends that all its clients ensure that their personal insurance covers all these risks, allowing for a tranquil and relaxed skiing holiday.